After a hospital stay resulting from illness, injury or surgery, many patients today benefit greatly from post-hospital therapy services. A proven rehabilitation program provides you with the professional expertise and specialized resources you need to continue to recover and return home quickly and safely.
Today, post-hospital rehabilitation has become a very popular option that offers several advantages over traditional, in-hospital rehabilitation services. These include lower costs, a more relaxed and comfortable environment and, in the case of the “best in class” centers such as Vernon Manor, hotel-style accommodations and amenities. Additionally, most of these post-acute care centers are Medicare/Medicaid-certified and accept most insurance plans.
Specialized Care to Speed Your Recovery
Here, post-hospital rehabilitation professionals help to restore movement and function to people recovering from a variety of illnesses, injuries and surgical procedures – such as stroke, heart disease and orthopedic surgery – with the goal of returning them to the highest level of ability and independence possible. Specialist physicians work closely with a team of certified physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech therapists and recreational therapists to provide compassionate rehabilitative care that responds to the unique needs, abilities and objectives of each patient. Therapy professionals also provide patient education to enable individuals to better understand their medical condition, the rehabilitative care they are receiving and what they need to do when they return home.
The Benefits of Post-Hospital Rehabilitation
Although you probably aren’t thinking about post-hospital care and therapy when you enter the hospital for surgery or illness, the fact remains that rehabilitation is a very important component of your overall recovery – especially these days when many patients are discharged before they are completely ready and able to return home. Therapy provides a variety of benefits that aid your recovery as well as your health, including:
- Reducing post-surgery pain – Although moving after surgery can sometimes be uncomfortable, it is very important to stretch your muscles and get moving again. This has proven to enhance your recovery process. The longer you remain in bed, the worse it can be for your condition.
- Improving your function, mobility and independence – Spending time in a hospital bed often causes your muscles to atrophy and weaken. Therapy helps to build your muscles back up so you can regain your normal range of mobility, functioning and physical independence.
- Shortening your recovery time – Therapy has proven effective in reducing your overall time of recovery and enabling you to return to your normal daily activities sooner.
- Relearning important skills – Individuals who have suffered a stroke or had a traumatic brain injury may have “deficits” in the form of some basic functions that were diminished or lost. Certified therapists specialize in creating rehabilitation plans that can help you to relearn lost abilities and regain important life skills.
- Enjoying the support and involvement of your family – When you recover in a post-hospital rehabilitation center, your family members are not only welcome, but also encouraged to participate in and support your rehabilitation and recovery.
Discover Exceptional Care, Accommodations and Results
Kristi Dougherty, RN, BSN, MSM, MBA Administrator of Vernon Manor Health Care Center, says, “Leading post-hospital rehabilitation centers across the country such as Vernon Manor recognize that recovering from a hospitalization necessitated by illness, injury or surgery can be challenging both physically and emotionally. That is why we’ve created the area’s best post-hospital rehabilitation program based on best-practice techniques, the latest in therapeutic and diagnostic technologies, customized therapy plans and hotel-style accommodations and services – all designed to provide you with outstanding recovery results.”
Called Recover Right, Vernon Manor’s state-of-the-art rehabilitation program is the area’s most modern and advanced provider of complete therapy services. Offered in both our brand-new wings and completely renovated rooms, Recover Right blends best practices and advanced technology with hotel-quality comforts and superior patient results.
Comprehensive Services Meet Multiple Rehabilitation Needs
To provide the best possible care in meeting a variety of patient conditions and recovery needs, Vernon Manor offers recovery-driven, rehabilitative services in:
- Orthopedic & Joint Care
- Pulmonary Care
- Stroke Rehabilitation
- Cardiac Rehabilitation
- Respiratory Care
- Post-Surgical Recovery
- Wound Care
Experience State-of-the-Art Post-Hospital Care and Rehabilitation at Its Best
Located in Vernon, CT, Vernon Manor has proudly served the communities of Hartford and Tolland Counties for nearly 40 years, earning a highly respected reputation for delivering outstanding quality care, successful outcomes and exceptional service for our patients, residents and their families. Consistently top-rated by the nation’s leading quality assessment organizations, Vernon Manor provides the area’s best and most advanced Post-Hospital rehabilitation program to enable patients to continue on their path to recovery. For loved ones who require 24-hour nursing support, compassionate long-term care is also available.
Rebuild. Recover. Renew.
Where you choose to recover after a hospital stay can make all the difference in your recovery. Vernon Manor’s Recover Right Post-Hospital Rehabilitation Program blends beautifully appointed surroundings, hotel-style amenities, a team of caring, experienced and compassionate professionals and the latest in technology to provide individuals with a variety of conditions and needs with the finest in care, comfort and measurable results.
For more information on Recover Right post-hospital rehabilitation or long-term care – or to schedule an informative tour at your convenience – please contact our Director of Admissions at (860) 858-5010.