Ideal for Holidays or Short-Term Breaks for You and Your Loved One.
At Vernon Manor, we respect and honor those who care for family at home. But we also know that caring for a loved one can be overwhelming – and, at times, perhaps even impossible due to work obligations, family holidays or vacations or the need for a break. Trying to find full-time in-home help that is reliable, consistent and compassionate can be challenging.
Our Respite Care Program is a Great Solution.
At Vernon Manor, we give caregivers the time they need to rejuvenate so they can give their best to their loved ones. During these short-term vacation stays, caregivers are afforded some down time and can rest easy, knowing their loved ones will enjoy the exceptional care and support provided within our safe, welcoming environment.
Those in our care are also encouraged to take advantage of the lifestyle offered at Vernon Manor and are invited to take part in daily activities and special events.
Our Respite Care Guests enjoy all of the same services, amenities and advantages as our residents, including:
- Fully furnished private and semi-private rooms – all with en suite bathrooms
- Three delicious, well-balanced meals prepared to meet individual dietary needs
- Beautifully appointed dining room
- Access to all amenities and recreational activities
- A full calendar of engaging programs, some inter-generational programs with the community and holiday celebrations held in our building.
- Unlimited visiting hours
- Safe and secure living accommodations
- On-site beauty salon/barber shop
- Beautifully manicured landscaping and gardens
- Exterior patios for relaxation
- Physical or occupational therapy if doctor prescribed
Note: Respite admissions have a maximum stay of up to 30 consecutive days. Vernon Manor requires a minimum respite stay of seven days in order to ensure that regulations regarding admission and discharge are properly followed.