Important Factors to Consider when Choosing Post-Hospital Rehabilitation
Kristi Dougherty, RN, BSN, MSM, MBA, Administrator of Vernon Manor Health Care Center, says, “The differences from one post-hospital rehabilitation center to another can be significant. Therefore, it is important to do your homework in advance so that the one you choose offers the type of care, services and results you are looking for. At leading centers such as Vernon Manor, we are always happy to give you a tour, and to answer any questions you have might have about our rehabilitation experience.”
To assist you in evaluating the best options for post-hospital rehabilitation care, experts suggest using a “checklist” that focuses on factors that you consider most important for measuring overall quality. This can be a very helpful tool for selecting a center that will provide a satisfying recovery experience as well as the results you need to return to your normal lifestyle.
Key factors to consider include:
• State licensure, certification by the Centers for Medicare and Medicaid, as well as the Commission for Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF)
• High-quality patient recovery outcomes and patient-satisfaction scores
• Specialized rehabilitation services for the type of post-hospital care you need
• The latest technologies and therapies provided by a staff of certified professionals
• An appealing ambiance, i.e. a clean and attractive environment
• A choice of tasteful and nutritious food items at each meal
• Approved to accept Medicare and Medicaid, and also accepts most private insurances
Why Recover Right is the Right Choice for You
Adds Ms. Dougherty, “At Vernon Manor, our Recover Right Post-Hospital Rehabilitation program provides our patients and residents with the finest in care, comfort and results. We do this by blending beautifully appointed surroundings, a team of caring, experienced and compassionate professionals, the latest in technology and top quality results. We are also committed to personal service to assure that your stay with us is always as comfortable, satisfying and successful as possible.”
When you choose Vernon Manor, you enjoy the advantages of:
• A superior quality rating – In the most recent certification inspection, Vernon Manor Health Care Center received a perfect 5 out of 5 overall quality rating from the Department of Health and Human Services. Additionally, Vernon Manor is one of only four long-term care providers in Connecticut that is accredited by the national Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). We are Medicare/Medicaid certified and accept private insurances.
• Exceptional recovery results – With a proven record of returning patients home quickly and safely, Vernon Manor’s exceptional outcomes are better than state and national averages. For example, our rehab recovery gains and patient satisfaction ratings are higher than the national average. Be sure to choose a provider that delivers quality rehabilitation care and therapy with proven, documented results.
• Comprehensive services – Recover Right offers Orthopaedic and Joint Care, Pulmonary Care, Stroke Rehabilitation, Cardiac Rehabilitation, Respiratory Care, Post-Surgical Recovery and Wound Care
• Advanced technology – Patients in the Recover Right program enjoy the exceptional care we provide with the assistance of specialized advanced technology. Vernon Manor’s investment in innovative equipment and modalities support our efforts to help you rebuild, recover and renew and get you home quickly, safely and confidently.
• An experienced team of professionals – Our multidisciplinary care team consists of a medical director; physical, occupational, speech and recreation therapists; registered nurses; and Dietary and nutrition specialists. Together, they develop a personalized, comprehensive recovery plan for each patient. These plans are designed to address and resolve individual needs and delivered on a one-on-one basis, focusing on measurable outcomes.
• Beautifully appointed hotel-quality surroundings – Our new and newly renovated rooms welcome patients to rebuild, recover and renew in complete comfort.
• Patient-choice dining with tasteful and nutritious food – We work closely with doctors to plan menus suited to patient requirements and preferences. We understand that nutritious, tasty, clinically appropriate meals are essential for faster and more effective patient recovery.
Remember, when you are choosing post-hospital rehabilitation care, take the time to research your options. Select the one that best meets your needs and provides the best in quality rehabilitation care with proven, documented results.
Experience State-of-the-Art Post-Hospital Rehabilitation and Long-Term Care at Its Best
Located in Vernon, CT, Vernon Manor has proudly served the communities of Hartford and Tolland Counties for nearly 40 years, earning a highly respected reputation for delivering outstanding quality care, successful outcomes and exceptional service for our patients, residents and their families. We provide a proven rehabilitation program to enable patients to continue on their path to recovery as well as compassionate long-term care for loved ones who require 24-hour nursing support.
Rebuild. Recover. Renew.
Vernon Manor’s Recover Right Post-Hospital Rehabilitation program provides you with all the support, expertise and encouragement you need to achieve a full recovery and a speedy return home.
For more information on Recover Right Post-Hospital Rehabilitation or long-term care – or to schedule an informative tour at your convenience – please contact our Director of Admissions at (860) 858-5010 or contact us online.